Thursday, April 23, 2015

L'Osservatore Romano reviews My Peace I Give You


I am overwhelmed with joy this morning upon discovering that today's edition of L'Osservatore Romano features a beautiful review of my book My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints.

The review is on page 4 of the newspaper, which is available online in PDF form. Its headline, translated, reads: "The journey of healing: From pain to violence to conversion." A brief teaser for the review appears on the L'Osservatore Romano website, and the review also appears in its entirety on the website of the Italian publication Tempi. (Not knowing Italian, I used Google Translate on the Tempi reprint to gain an idea of the review's content. My hope is that the piece will be included in the weekly English edition.)

* * *

There is a Jewish prayer that expresses how I feel right now: Baruch atah adonai eloheinu melech ha'olam shecheyanu v'kiy'manu v'higyanu lazman hazeh. "Blessed art thou, O Lord Our God, King of the Universe, who has granted us life, sustained us, and enabled us to reach this present season." I am deeply thankful for the divine providence that brought me to seek the Lord's face in the heart of his Church.

My gratitude also goes out to everyone who has supported me with prayer and encouragement since I began to share the message of My Peace I Give You. You are all in my prayers. Please keep me in prayer as I leave today to deliver a three-day workshop to the formators of a religious institute; the topic will be spiritual healing for adult survivors of abuse.