Monday, June 30, 2014

Offering free Spanish-language copies of My Peace to priests & religious

Today I was delighted to receive in the mail 25 copies of the Spanish-language version of my book My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints. I had ordered the copies of Mi Paz Os Doy: Como Sanar las Heridas del Alma con Ayuda de los Santos using a donation from a Dawn Patrol reader who sought to help spread the book's message of healing for adults who have suffered childhood sexual abuse.

I intend to donate the copies of Mi Paz Os Doy to priests and religious who minister to Spanish speakers, and can already think of about ten to fifteen who should receive them. But that leaves me with ten copies to give away.

So, if you are a priest or member of a religious order and would like a complimentary copy of Mi Paz Os Doy, please write me to request one. In your request, please let me know that you either have already read the English-language My Peace I Give You or that you will absolutely, positively read it if I donate one to you (in which case I'll send you both the English and Spanish versions).

Why does it matter to me that you read My Peace I Give You yourself rather than simply recommend it to those in your care? Because the book offers hope not only for victim/survivors of abuse, but also for those who care for them—showing how Christ takes up our own scarred selves so that we might become hidden in his radiant wounds.

I share the message of My Peace I Give You on EWTN's "Life on the Rock."

At the moment, this offer is only for priests and religious. I appreciate the work of permanent deacons, seminarians, and laypeople in ministry, and would open the giveaway to them had I more copies of Mi Paz Os Doy to spare.